Using your Ideos U8150 as an Android Debugging Bridge
The following guide is an improvement of the guide available at: http://www.waterworld.com.hk/en/blog/ideoss-adb-usb-driver-windows, this guide seemed not to work with the latest android-sdk because it replaces the whole .inf file with an older version. In this guide, I just add the Ideos U8150 USB device ID to the .inf file without making any other change.
With that, let’s go directly into our topic, of using the Google USB driver for your Ideos U8150, the most affordable android powered phone.
1. Install the Google USB driver the same way you install other android components.
2. Run WordPad in Administrator mode by right clicking on it and selecting Run as Administrator
3. Press ctrl+o for the open file dialog and navigate to the drivers folder of your android-sdk, mostly the path is C:\program files\android\android-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver. If the android_winusb.inf is not visible, change the file types to “All documents” and double click the “android_winusb” to open the file.
4. You then add the following Huawei Ideos usb device ID as below:
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_12D1&PID_1038
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_12D1&PID_1038
You can add the ID anywhere, but make sure you add it under your system type or under both system types i.e. X86 and X64. For my case, I added it just under, [Google.NTx86] because my system is X86. Otherwise, add it under [Google.NTamd64].
5. Save the file and connect your U8150 after setting it to the USB debugging mode. After it finishes been installed, open your device manager and under “other devices” you’ll find Ideos with an indication that its drivers are not available. Right click on it and select “Update driver”. Then click on “Browse my computer for driver software” on the window that appears. Under “search my drivers in this location:” browse to the Google USB driver folder as above and select OK. Click Next and your driver will start installing, if a security alert appears complaining of “unrecognized drivers”, ignore and continue. Your U8150 is now ready for use as an ADB.
Enjoy your development.